Early Childhood Professionals - Registry

What is it?

The Early Childhood Professional Registry is a data collection and verification system designed to support the early childhood professional through their professional development. The Registry provides information and guidance to training organizations and higher education institutions in their planning and implementation of professional development opportunities. Policy makers utilize data from the Registry to inform decisions related to funding, regulations and strategies in support if the early childhood workforce.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Who can participate in the Early Childhood Professional Registry?

All early childhood professionals who work in legally operating facilities in Delaware are eligible to participate in the Early Childhood Professional Registry. This includes those who work in early care and education centers, school-age (after school) centers, preschools, Head Start, Early Head Start, Early Childhood Assistance Programs (ECAP), family and large family child care, public school early childhood special education, and early intervention.

How do I get started?

Visit the Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood website to enroll. You will create a log-in and password to allow you to update your information and access your transcript. If you do not have access to the internet, contact us at: 302-831-3239.

Is there a fee to enroll in the Registry?

There is no fee at this time.

Will my transcript be able to be used for the Office of Child Care Licensing?

Yes, your transcript will automatically reflect all of your completed professional development activities accessed through the Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood, Levels 2, 3 and 4 training. You will also be able to submit college transcripts to the Institute so that coursework can be reflected on your transcript, if desired.

What if I take Level 1 training in the community?

At this time the Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood is not able to verify Level 1 training attendance. We suggest you keep your Level 1 training certificates and share them with the Office of Child Care Licensing.